James Mulligan, Interim Police Chief
477 Haverhill Street
Rowley, MA 01969
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, March 4, 2016
Contact: John Guilfoil
Rowley Police Arrest Man for Drugs, Possession of a Stolen Firearm
DEREK P. RIGOL, AGE 35, OF ROWLEY is charged with:
- Receiving a Stolen Firearm
- Possession of a Firearm Without an FID Card (three counts)
- Possession of Ammunition Without an FID Card
- Improper Storage of a Firearm (two counts)
- Possession of a Stun Gun
- Possession of a Class D Drug with Intent to Distribute
- Possession of a Class E Drug with Intent to Distribute
- Possession of a Class B Drug (three counts)
- Possession of a Class E Drug
- Carrying a Dangerous Weapon (three counts)
Approximately two weeks ago, police received information that a man, later identified as RIGOL, had several illegal guns in his home. Detective Matthew Ziev immediately began an investigation.
On March 3, Detective Ziev and Rowley Officers executed a search warrant at RIGOL’S home. Police located three guns, including a rifle reported stolen from Rhode Island, ammunition, a stun gun, brass knuckles, knives and throwing stars. They also found marijuana, cocaine and prescription drugs packaged for sale.
RIGOL was arrested and held at the Rowley Police Department pending his arraignment at Newburyport District Court today.
“I commend the hard work of Rowley Police, particularly Detective Ziev, who conducted a thorough investigation into this man that allowed us to remove dangerous weapons and drugs from our community,” Chief Mulligan said. “Thank you to the resident who took a proactive step in keeping our town safe by alerting us to this situation.”
Rowley Police are working with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms during their ongoing investigation.
Anyone with information regarding illegal guns or drug sales is encouraged to contact Detective Ziev at 978-948-7644.